After an Indianapolis mass shooting at a FedEx facility left eight dead, police have identified the shooter as 19-year-old Brandon Scott Hole of Indiana, according to the Associated Press.

The victims’ names will not be revealed until police reach out to the families of those affected. Ashlee Floyd’s father was working at the facility at the time, but according to the Indianapolis Star, he has yet to call his wife, which he normally does every night at 11:25 p.m. “I don’t know if he’s OK. I don’t know if he’s injured. I don’t know if he’s gone. I’m just scared right now,” she said.

Levi Miller was lucky enough to avoid the active shooting while on break, eating on a bench outside the facility. He told WTHR-TV that he saw “a man come out with a rifle in his hand and he starts firing, and he starts yelling stuff that I could not understand. What I ended up doing was ducking down to make sure he did not see me because I thought he would see me, and he would shoot me.”

Miller told NBC’s “TODAY” that he “saw a man, a hooded figure … the man did have an AR in his hand, and he started shouting and then he started firing.” It was then that he “immediately ducked for cover.”

Miller was unable to hear what the gunman was yelling and that he could not see in detail the face of the man. However, he did make out the familiar voices of his co-workers yelling that the man with the rifle was an employee.

As for those who did not survive the tragic shooting, Mayor Hogsett said that “nothing we learn can heal the wounds of those who escaped with their lives, but who will now bear the scars and endure the memories of this horrific crime. What we are left with this morning is grief — grief for the families of those killed, grief for the employees who have lost their co-workers, and grief for the many Americans struggling to understand how tragedies like this continue to occur again and again.”

Like Ashlee Floyd, many families don’t know whether their spouse, sibling, father, or mother will return home from the incident. While police continue to investigate the scene, families are left in the dark.

According to CBS News, police asked families who have relatives who work at the FedEx facility who have yet to be in contact with them to go to a nearby Holiday Inn Express. Chaplains are reportedly there to assist families in whatever capacity they require.

CNN reported the shooting only lasted one to two minutes. This marks the 45th mass shooting in the United States since the Atlanta spa shootings last month. The scene was “very chaotic” police say, but they did not have to fire as the gunman was dead by the time they arrived.

While the police try to make sense of the mass shooting, they have released essential information to the public. The gunman, who has yet to be identified, shot himself some time before the police arrived.

In a statement released earlier today, FedEx said it was “deeply shocked and saddened by the loss of our team members. Our most heartfelt sympathies are with all those affected by this senseless act of violence. The safety of our team members is our top priority, and we are fully cooperating with investigating authorities.”

We will continue to update you as we learn more information.