Four women have accused Chris Noth of sexual assault, and many are wondering if his career is over. The Sex and the City actor has denied all the sexual assault allegations, but that didn’t stop multiple production companies and agencies from dropping him.
Just a day after the allegations surfaced, Chris Noth was dropped by A3 Artists Agency and Peloton. The 67-year-old actor was expected to be the new face of the exercise bike after his character, Mr. Big, died after riding it in And Just Like That…
Peloton even created an ad making fun of the death with Chris Noth and Ryan Reynolds, but after the four women spoke out against the actor both Peloton and Ryan pulled the piece from their social media. It had already been viewed by millions.
The actor’s tequila brand, Ambhar, lost a $12 million deal with Entertainment Arts Research Inc. After the allegations, the company released a statement and said, “At this point in time it doesn’t make sense for us to move forward with this deal in light of the claims, which must be taken with the utmost seriousness.”
A rep for Chris Noth later said that the actor had never finalized a deal with the company.
Universal Television and CBS also released a statement after the sexual assault claims and said that the actor would not be returning to his role on the TV show The Equalizer. Chris played a CIA director and according to the TV network, he will only appear in one more episode because it was filmed prior to the allegations coming out.
Many have pointed out that this is not the first time a member of the entertainment industry has been accused of sexual assault and has tried to salvage a career.
Will Chris Noth try to do the same? Here are four men who have tried.
On November 27, 2017, Matt Lauer‘s position as beloved news anchor ended after an anonymous NBC colleague came forward and claimed that Matt had behaved in an inappropriate sexual manner toward her. Matt was fired the next day and numerous other women came forward to share their own complaints in the weeks following.
The most recent complaint was in 2019, when former NBC News employee Brooke Nevils claimed that Matt Lauer anally raped her during the 2014 Sochi Olympics. While Matt accepted partial wrongdoing in the 2017 sexual assault claims, he denied Nevils’ allegations and said that they had entered into a consensual affair during that time.
Since he was fired by NBC, Matt Lauer hasn’t returned to television. According to a source, the former news anchor doesn’t reach out to anyone. His wife, Annette Roque, divorced him in 2019 and he is reportedly dating PR executive Shamin Abas.
The actor was accused by eight women back in 2018 after he denied their sexual assault claims in 2017. Jeremy responded to three of the women’s allegations and said, “These allegations, which in one case goes back more than 30 years and the two others more than 20 years ago, are false. As evidenced by the lie detector test, I took and passed, I have never forced myself on anyone, nor have I ever exposed myself or restrained anyone against their will. To the contrary, if any woman ever said no, I stopped.”
At the time of the allegations, Jeremy Piven was acting on a CBS drama. The TV network said they were looking into the matter. The show, Wisdom of the Crowd, was later canceled.
Today, the actor is currently running a podcast called How U Livin’ J. Piven where he talks about life and comedy with others in the industry.
It was career over for Kevin Spacey after multiple men came forward and said that the actor sexually harassed or assaulted them, some of them when they were underaged. In all, Kevin Spacey had 30 allegations against him and they spanned decades. After the accusers came forward, the actor was removed from his TV show, House of Cards, and his character was killed off.
In Jan. 2019, the actor posted a strange video on YouTube called Let Me Be Frank, where he appeared to play his House of Cards character and address the sexual assault allegations against him. Many people who watched the video believed it was fake. It is unclear if it was.
Around the same time, it was announced that Kevin Spacey was arraigned on a felony charge of alleged sexual assault against an 18-year-old in 2016. He pleaded not guilty, and the charge was later dropped. Investigators have not said whether other charges will be brought against the actor.
Kevin Spacey just booked his first film role in four years since the sexual assault allegations surfaced. It is an Italian film called, L’uomo Che Disegno Dio or The Man Who Drew God.
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned Bill Cosby’s sexual assault case in July 2021 because of due process violations. The trial against the comedian was considered one of the big wins for the #MeToo movement. Bill Cosby was accused by over 60 women in 2018 for a variety of reasons, including groping, sexual assault, harassment, and rape.
Some of the cases go as far back as the ’60s. Many women say Bill Cosby drugged them before assaulting them. The 83-year-old spent two years in prison before being released. According to reports, he is trying to set up a standup comedy tour in the United States and Canada, but there is no word on when or if it’ll happen.