Authorities have released the surveillance video of a robbery at the home of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Dorit Kemsley, who was home during the horrifying home invasion. The masked intruders reportedly stole thousands in handbags and jewelry, though luckily no one was hurt.
The Los Angeles Police Department made the video public to identify the robbers and find out what happened. The unknown culprits are still at large after almost two weeks.
Footage from the robbery on Wednesday, Oct. 27, shows two masked intruders dressed in dark hoodies planning their attack outside before smashing through a sliding glass door. Roughly just 15 minutes later, the two men escape dragging a large bag of items worth around $100,000 total.
RHOBH star Dorit Kemsley, 45, was upstairs sleeping in her bedroom at the time, along with her two children Jagger, 7, and Phoenix, 5. Dorit’s two children were reportedly asleep throughout the entire event, and had no idea what transpired that night.
Authorities said that Kemsley woke up when she heard the crash of the sliding glass door, and pleaded with the robbers to not hurt her or her two children. Police reports corroborate that Dorit “was in fear and complied with the suspects’ demands by directing them to valuables,” which included handbags, expensive jewelry, and watches.
There are some discrepancies in the story. It’s unclear whether or not the two men were armed, but no guns were fired during the robbery and no one was harmed.
“As you all know by now, I have been through a terrifying ordeal, one that no parent or person should ever have to experience,” Doirt Kemsley later wrote in a statement to the public. “I’ve received so many messages of love and support and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It’s truly overwhelming.”
“I thank God for keeping my kids and myself from being physically harmed,” she continued, adding that “I have thrown myself straight back into work as I want our family to return to normality as soon as possible.”
“With the love and support of my husband, my incredible, family, friends, fans and followers, I am confident this is the right thing to do whilst I independently work through the trauma,” Dorit Kemsley said. “I’m so grateful to the LAPD for their care and attention. Thank you again for all of your support… More than anything, I’m feeling blessed that my kids and family are safe.”
A fashion designer for Beverly Beach and Nektaria, Dorit is married to Paul Kemsley, 54, an English property developer and chairman of the New York Cosmos independent soccer league club. The two married in 2015, and Dorit joined The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills a year later. She has since appeared on six seasons.
The couple has since hired a new security team, according to TMZ, and are even considering moving out.
“I would like to thank you all for your kind words of support,” said Paul Kemsley. “Dorit and myself have been overwhelmed by the show of love. We can’t respond to every message (I can’t even respond to all the texts and what’s apps)… So I wanted to tell you all that we are doing OK.”
Radar reported that Dorit is already back to filming RHOBH, and producers were eager to get her behind the camera following the robbery. Her co-star Kyle Richards, who lives not far away, was also robbed years ago of over $1 million in stolen goods.
Filming had already been pushed back due to RHOBH star Erika Jayne’s firing and her husbands’ embezzlement scandal.
Police hope that by releasing the surveillance video, they may come closer to identifying the robbers responsible.