Irmgard Furchner, a 96-year-old German woman and former Nazi secretary and stenographer for the Stutthof concentration camps SS commander, appeared before the court on Tuesday to hear the charges against her, 75 years later.

Accused of over 11,000 counts of accessory to murder, Irmgard Furchner is alleged to have “aided and abetted those in charge of the camp in the systematic killing of those imprisoned there between June 1943 and April 1945 in her function as a stenographer and typist in the camp commandant’s office.”

Furchner was a teenager at the time, working at Stutthof from the age of 18 to 20, and will be tried in German juvenile court. Even if she is convicted, her old age will likely prevent her from having to serve time in prison.

It is unknown how the investigation into her crimes committed over 75 years ago during World War II have just now come to light. The 96-year-old was reportedly living at a retirement home in Quickborn, North Hamburg, when authorities found last month that she missed her first court date.

On Tuesday, she was brought before the court in a wheelchair after being found by police. She did not respond to the allegations against her.

After fleeing the morning of her first court date, Irmgard Furchner warned Judge Dominik Gross that, “Due to my advanced age and my physical impediments, I will not be attending the court appointment and would request that I am represented by my defense lawyer.”

“I want to spare myself these embarrassments and don’t want to make myself the laughing stock of humanity,” she said.

Authorities later found her after she took a taxi to a North Hamburg subway station near the Quickborn retirement home. “Local authorities are now assessing whether she is able to serve a prison sentence,” Frederike Milhoffer, a spokesman for the court, later told CNN.

Irmgard Furchner’s case is thought of as one of the last trials for Nazi war crimes do to the old age of the accused. According to The Guardian, she is the first woman to stand trial for Nazi crimes in decades.

In a case from 1954, Furchner had testified that her camp commandant, Paul Werner Hoppe, dictated letter and messages to her each day, but that she took no part in the assistant of the killings.

Josef Schuetz, a 100-year-old man from a town north of Berlin, Germany, who was accused of assisting in the murder of over 3,000 prisoners, was also recently brought before the court. He was a guard at the Sachsenhausen camp between 1942 and 1945.

Christoph Heubner, a representative of the International Auschwitz Committee representing Holocaust survivors, said that Furchner had, “shown unbelievable contempt towards the state of law.”

Likewise, Efraim Zuroff, a representative from the Holocaust research Simon Wiesenthal Center, told local German reporters that “The trial against Irmgard Furchner is an important reminder that the crimes of the Nazis were not only carried out by men but also by women who served in concentration camps and even death squads.”

The Guardian reported that judges in Germany have recently believed that “regardless of how small a person’s role had been, as long as it could be proven they had been ‘cogs’ in the ‘machinery of destruction,’ they could be held responsible for the crimes committed.”

Low ranking members such as guards and stenographers like Irmgard Furchner have been brought before the court within the last decade to convict anyone who may have been involved in the Third Reich. Due to many of the defendant’s advanced age, however, many of those who stand before the court will not receive any jail time.

Irmgard Furchner’s trial was set for Oct. 26 in Hamburg, Germany.