Eve Aston was found dead in her Wolverhampton home on July 23. The 20-year-old girl had survived the terror attack at an Ariana Grande concert on May 22, 2017, when British suicide bomber Salman Abedi took the lives of 22 people. Aston reportedly suffered from PTSD and depression following the incident and coped with her illnesses for four harrowing years.

Police have not reported what happened in Eve Aston’s bedroom. Her cause of death is still unknown. Her parents blame her tragic death on the after-effects of the suicide bombing, claiming she had trouble with loud noises and was depressed following the horrifying event four years ago. The incident last month devastated Aston’s family.

“Eve was one of a kind,” Eve Aston’s mom, Amanda, wrote on a GoFundMe page. “Loud, funny, beautiful, and caring does not even cover a tiny percentage of the person she was. Everywhere she was there was light in the room, she was that light, she would make her presence known with such a warm welcoming feeling. Everyone that she knew would always be put before herself, she was such a selfless person everyone’s feelings came before her own.”

Eve Aston was "one of a kind," according to her mother. The 20-year-old girl was found dead 4 years after surviving the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert.
Eve Aston was “one of a kind,” according to her mother. The 20-year-old girl was found dead 4 years after surviving the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert. Photo Credit: GoFundMe

Amanda Aston explained to reporters that “from the moment she was born she was a jolly soul, she had a very funny sense of humor and was a daddy’s girl. She always had friends around her and was having sleepovers. She had lots of friends who she was always there for.”

Eve Aston’s mother claimed that after the Ariana Grande concert things went downhill for her daughter. On May 22, 2021, “Eve attended Ariana Grande’s concert in Manchester,” the mother wrote on the GoFundMe page. “Ariana Grande was her absolute idol, although everyone who knew her would know this.”

“Sadly the Manchester attack took its toll as Eve was present,” Amanda Aston continued. “However, the strength of Ariana Grande’s music got her through alongside her Dad who was with her at the time and guided her out. This was an event so close to Eve’s heart, which, anyone would know as she spoke of Ariana Grande so highly to everyone she came across.”

The Grande superfan suffered from terrible PTSD after the incident. She was changed, according to her mother. “After the concert, she started suffering from PTSD,” Amanda Aston told reporters. “She loved cars and was looking at getting a job working with cars but her depression got worse. She couldn’t sleep or hear bangs after the concert.”

What Happened to Eve Aston? Police are still trying to find answers in her tragic death.
What Happened to Eve Aston? Police are still trying to find answers to her tragic death. Photo Credit: Facebook

“It’s like a bad dream,” the grieving mother added. “It’s like she’s going to walk back through the door and say, ‘Got ya!’ She’s left such a big hole — everyone’s saying they can’t believe it.”

Eve Aston “was such a beautiful person and she should be here,” according to her mom. “We want to give her a good sendoff. You shouldn’t have to bury your daughter. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.”

The family organized a GoFundMe page to help raise money for the 20-year-old’s funeral. The page has raised nearly $9,000.

At around 9:21 p.m. Friday, July 23, “the paramedics were called as Eve was tragically found lifeless in her bedroom,” Amanda Aston wrote on GoFundMe. “The family is absolutely broken alongside her boyfriend Brad who meant the absolute world to her.”

The post continued, explaining that “to everyone this was such a shock, heartbreak and a newfound pain to those who loved and knew her, This GoFundMe is for her heartbroken family who did not expect to arrange their daughter’s funeral as she was only 20 years old. She had such a positive impact on each and everyone that met her, being a big statement in many people’s lives.”