Delilah Belle Hamlin, daughter of actor Harry Hamlin and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Rinna, revealed that she was recently hospitalized after an accidental overdose. Dependent on Xanax and overprescribed, the Instagram influencer, model, and celebrity daughter, asked for help on social media Tuesday, writing “here’s my story I guess.”
“My body got dependent on Xanax number one,” the 23-year-old said after seeing a psychiatrist, “and number two, I overdosed… on this one medication called propranolol.”
“I didn’t mean to at all,” she said in the 28-minute Instagram video. “I took Benadryl with it and for some reason, I ended up in the hospital.”
According to Medline Plus, propranolol is used to treat high blood pressure and irregular heart rhythms. It is usually only taken once a day, and is most commonly prescribed as a “beta-blocker,” meaning that it slows the heart rate to help improve blood flow and decrease blood pressure.
The psychiatrist “overprescribed me with one medication that one of my friends takes like 10 milligrams, and he gave me like 20 milligrams three times a day and then he gave me 3 milligrams of Xanax a day,” she listed.
Delilah Belle Hamlin suffers from seizures due to brain inflammations, according to Page Six, along with streptococcal infections and the Epstein-Barr virus.
According to Delilah Belle Hamlin, the seizures began happening “left and right” after she got the Covid-19 vaccine. Not wanting to sound like she was telling people that the Coronavirus vaccine gave people seizures, she specified that she believed that her body’s autoimmune response “basically flared up and triggered certain autoimmune diseases that I didn’t know I had.”
“I was getting migraines, I was having panic attacks, it was like my body was in constant ‘fight or flight’ mode,” she recalled. “It was horrible… I just knew in my gut that there was something else wrong.”
Because of this, the model and reality television daughter has had additional health complications since July. Back in August, she wrote on Instagram that her health was “starting to get a bit scary,” and needed to take a break from social media.
“For me, I need to take this break to save my energy and use it to heal,” she said.
Hoping to figure out what happened to her to lead to a potential overdose, she found an addiction treatment center in Arizona, and reported feeling “helpless” and “hopeless.”
“I wasn’t like a drug addict, but my body was dependent on [Xanax] because of how much the doctor had prescribed me,” Delilah Belle Hamlin revealed.
“It was really hard at first being there,” she recalled, but “everything seemed to work” and her Xanax dependency slimmed down. “I was super excited to just get cured of everything,” she said. “But unfortunately, I was a medical risk, so I was politely asked to leave after three weeks of being there.”
The Arizona treatment center she was staying at was not equipped to deal with the seizures she was having, so she was asked to leave and seek out help from a medical facility.
Ending the Instagram Live video after 28 minutes of sharing her experience, Delilah Belle Hamlin asked for anyone watching to share recommendations on next steps of her health journey.
“My family and I are struggling to figure out, kind of, what to do,” she said. “Mentally, I am not great today. I’m feeling hopeless… since the last treatment center didn’t work out.”
The reality television star previously visited rehab centers twice back in 2018 for complications with depression and anxiety, according to Us Weekly.
The video garnered over 149,000 views as of Tuesday night, and the model has over 1.6 million Instagram followers.
“Day by day,” he said in support, “I love you & know you will get better.”